Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) Registration is a compulsory background check for many people who work or volunteer with children and vulnerable people in Tasmania. The registration system establishes mandatory minimum checking standards that will apply across all regulated activities
It is compulsory for all patrolling members 16 and over, and all those parents who may help with Nippers on the beach, to have a Working with Vulnerable People Registration. The process is really easy to do!
How to apply:
- Head to https://www.cbos.tas.gov.au/topics/licensing-and-registration/registrations/work-with-vulnerable-people/applications/apply
- Complete the online application form
- if you get paid for your role, select Employment/Volunteer
- if you are a volunteer and do not get paid, receive material benefit or reward, select Volunteer
- Print the application receipt or write down your reference number
- Pay the application fee (online by credit card or at Service Tasmania). Volunteer fee- $18.96
- visit Service Tasmania (external link) to:
- provide proof of identity
- have your photo taken
- pay the application fee if you haven’t already paid online.
- accept the Terms and Conditions if someone filled out the form on your behalf
- After payment and photo has been taken a card will be sent to you in the mail. This process can take up to 6 weeks so it is recommend you get onto your application as soon as you can!
- When you receive your card it must be sighted by our club committee. An easy way to do this is to take a photo of your card and email it to our secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember…. NO CARD=NO PATROLLING DUTIES OR WORKING WITH NIPPERS!